Vivek Wadhwa, Tech Entrepreneur, Academic, Researcher and Writer has been one of the biggest critics of American competitive policies. So far he has clearly pointed out that, America:
- is wrong in terms of assessing India and China’s advantage in engineering education and R&D
- does not know how to build innovation centers
- is pursuing flawed immigration policies
- is letting brain drain progress
- and has brought about many more issues
Vivek’s analysis is backed by deep research and understanding of the American success model and he does not hesitate to bring forth his honest points. There is no need to explain here that America has been number one in almost all the sectors and is going through a current slump. However, Vivek Wadhwa and many more Americans are fighting the cause of making America more competitive. Wadhwa is hated in certain circles; if you read his Washington Post articles you will be surprised that most of the readers who post comments dislike him; there are successful VC’s and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley that despise him. Yet, he works tirelessly for America and Americans.
We should also tell you that Vivek was born and raised in India, studied in Australia and is now a US Citizen.
Can you imagine if Vivek was in India, working on helping the government streamlining its education infrastructure, strategizing how to make Indian engineers and organizations competitive, helping create an ecosystem for entrepreneurship and was involved in many more issues?
India needs many Vivek Wadhwa’s, in India. Do you know of one?
- Gayle Verble on Indian IT Companies Are No Global Players
- Radhakrishna on Why India should have a Vivek Wadhwa….in India
- Dina on Will India be able to attract NRI Doctors?
- kailash on Why Shailesh Rao quit Google to join Twitter
- Ravi Raghavan on 5 sectors in India that are hiring NRIs and expats right now